YWCA Australia has revised its strategic direction under the YeS 2026 Strategy and a number of programs have ceased. YWCA is deeply committed to a future where gender equality is a reality and acknowledges that some programs which do not align with the revised strategic direction may still be valuable in delivering this future via other organisations.
YWCA Australia supports the community services sector and in doing so has determined it appropriate to release program materials under a Creative Commons licence. A Creative Commons licence allows free use of the materials under the following terms.
Organisations are free to:
- Share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format; and
- Adapt – remix transform, and build upon the material.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
‘Every Girl’ is a national program that provides girls aged 10 to 13 with the opportunity to develop their own leadership identity in order to achieve societal transformation in a way that is relevant to their lives, whether this is with their family at home, their peers at school or within their broader community.
Every Girl began as a pilot program in 2011 and over the last 10 years has been delivered to groups of girls and young women in communities across Australia. It is hoped Every Girl will add to the existing knowledge base and resources in this area to help inform gender-responsive programs that support girls and young women.
The resources available here have been developed and re-developed over time to respond appropriately to the needs of girls and young women. The resources may be adapted and changed to suit differing groups of girls and young people, as YWCA has done over time. YWCA requests that they are acknowledged as the work of YWCA and that they are not sold or utilised as a tool for making profit.
Please note the last major review of Every Girl was undertaken in 2016 and their delivery/use should be considered within the current context of realities for girls including any information that may need to be adapted to best suit the delivery context.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.