Are you a young person aged 12 to 18 years old in the Northern Rivers region of Northern New South Wales? YWCA are seeking up to eight young people to join our youth advocacy group. As a member of the group, you will:
- Design programs, activities and resources to help us support the needs of young people in the region
- Develop skills and lead change in your community through bringing your experiences and unique style to our service
- Hang out, meet and socialise with other young, motivated people
- Participate in fun activities in our youth programs including planning community programs, school holiday activities, new exhibitions and events
- Drive change in the local community and build new community connections
- Access free training and work experience where your input and ideas shape the work
- Be supported to attend with local transport to attend activities and meetings
- Learn skills to mentor and support other young people into the future
This is an 18 month opportunity, commencing in early 2021. We anticipate that involvement will be one afternoon each month after school. Young people living in more regional areas of the Northern Rivers will be supported with transportation to attend the program.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6625 5800.
To express your interest in participating, please fill out the form below.