Wanting to develop your leadership skills, or needing some financial help with your professional development? We’ve compiled a list of available opportunities for young women!
- Varuna warmly invites NSW-based young writers with disability or who are D/deaf to apply for a place in The Writer’s Space Young Writers’ Studio. This is a special opportunity for 16 to 25-year-old writers to explore creative writing in a four-week series of online workshops. Learn more about this opportunity.
- The South Australian Rainbow Advocacy Alliance (SARAA) is providing opportunities for South Australian LGBTIQ+ advocates to attend the Better Together 2021 LGBTIQ+ conference. The Better Together Conference, hosted by The Equality Project, exists to facilitate a conversation about LGBTIQ+ rights in Australia and provide a platform to share ideas and experiences and build bridges between our diverse communities. If you’re from regional South Australia, SARAA may partially or fully reimburse you for your travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference. Apply for a scholarship to attend!
- As part of this year’s Youth Week, YACSA is holding an art competition for young people aged 12-25, with first prize taking home $500 and up to 12 months mentoring from a local artist. Find out more and enter.
- the UN Youth Australia Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) has applications open for Emerging Leaders Online Program 2021 Convenor and a Deputy Convenor. The ELP will explore the contemporary nature of Asia and how a globalised world has affected their evolution and engagement with the international system. Find out more and apply.
- Are you a woman or non-binary person working in corporate Sydney who is passionate about the safety and rights of women, young women and girls? Our Y Connect Corporate FLAG is currently welcoming expressions of interest to join the group.