YWCA Australia Board Traineeship Program
YWCA Australia is calling for applications for our new Board Traineeship program!
We are looking for two passionate, dedicated and suitably skilled young women (aged 30 and under) members of YWCA to join the board as trainees for a period of 12 months from 1 July 2020 till 30 June 2021. This is an amazing opportunity!
As part of this program, trainees will:
- Attend all YWCA Australia board meetings as an observer (including in-person and online meetings) and participate in governance activities without the duties and responsibilities that apply to director positions
- Be awarded a full scholarship to complete the AICD Foundations of Directorship course in their nearest capital city. This is a full three-day course and travel expenses will be covered
- Undertake a comprehensive internal induction process between April-July 2020
- Be given a ‘buddy’ on the YWCA Australia board to provide additional support and guidance.
- Join one board sub-committee to develop a specific area of interest such as finance, culture or governance
- Attend the YWCA Australia Annual General Meeting in November 2020 and share their training experiences with members
- Engage in additional professional development opportunities alongside the Board
This is a voluntary role and YWCA will cover all costs associated with attending meetings.
Who are we looking for?
- A young woman, aged 30 and under
- A member of YWCA Australia
- Wanting to develop practical and strategic governance skills in a professional, supportive and feminist environment.
We encourage young women with all levels of experience to apply. This is a national role and applications are welcomed from all States and Territories, including from regional, remote and rural areas.
YWCA values diversity of thought and experience and strongly encourage young women with diverse lived experiences, identities and backgrounds to apply – including those who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, living with a disability, LGBTIQA+ or from a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
Applications close 11pm, 29 March 2020. Deadline extended to 11pm, 5 April 2020!
With thanks to AICD for their generous support.