Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services (WDVCAS) provides court support, information and referral to services in the community for women and their children impacted by domestic violence.
We advocate on behalf of women and children who have experienced domestic and family violence and assist them to obtain legal protection through an Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (ADVO).
Our Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service operates out of Nowra, Milton and Moss Vale courts in New South Wales.
We can assist you with:
- Support before, during and/or after court appearances
- Information on court processes
- Support when applying for Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders
- Liaising with other services.
I felt very supported. Without you I would not have proceeded with the ADVO which helped me feel safer. – WDVCAS client
Why Contact Us?
We understand the cycle of domestic and family violence can be hard to break, especially if you are not familiar with the legal system. We are here to help.
This means that you can:
- Identify and tell us your needs confidentially
- Make your own decisions
- Choose how you are supported
- Access our service when you want to.
We promise that you will:
- Be treated with dignity and respect
- Talk in a safe environment
- Have a non-judgemental provision of service.
I am so grateful for your time and deep listening. I feel so supported by you. Thank you for the service you provide in the community. I now have these links and will explore further options regarding legal proceedings. – WDVCAS client
WDVCAS is located at: YWCA Australia
8 McGrath Avenue, Nowra NSW 2541