Workplace giving enables employees to donate to YWCA Australia regularly through their employer’s payroll system pre-tax. The employer will then pay the donation directly to YWCA Australia. Some organisations choose to match the amount given by the employee to double the impact!
Why workplace giving?
Workplace giving is a simple way for you to support YWCA Australia!
- You have control of your giving – opt in and out as it suits you.
- It’s managed for you through payroll, which means you don’t have to worry about cash, credit cards or direct debits.
- All donations are made pre-tax which means you receive the tax benefit immediately.
- You join a group of workplace givers who are making a big difference in the lives of women, young women and girls across Australia!
Imagine the impact that an organisation with 100 employees donating $25 from their fortnightly pay could make. This would be an annual donation of $60,000 from that workplace, and if this figure was matched by your employer, the donation amount doubles and would be $120,000!
Workplace giving is a simple way for businesses to support YWCA Australia, and it’s easier than you might think to get started.
By including YWCA Australia in your workplace giving options, it helps your staff feel empowered by supporting causes close to their heart. By agreeing to double the donation, it shows them that you care about the causes close to them too.
YWCA Australia can assist you by:
- discussing workplace giving with your Human Resources Manager or Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- providing digital assets and printed collateral to share with staff
- giving a presentation to staff to explain what we do, and how workplace giving works
- providing updates to employees on our current work and how their donations are being used
What you will be supporting
YWCA Australia is a leading intersectional feminist organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. For 140 years, we have challenged the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
We stand for gender equality in all communities, transforming the lives of individual women, young women and girls. We shout loud and proud, and our voices echo around the world in a global feminist movement.
We have a goal of positively impacting the lives of more than two million women, young women and girls throughout Australia by the end of 2023 – and we can’t do it without your help. By signing up to workplace giving, you help us to continue our programs in communities throughout Australia including:
- Domestic and family violence services to protect women and their families
- Homelessness services and affordable housing for youths, women and their families
- Mentoring and leadership programs for young women and girls
Employers – are you ready to begin?
- Sign-up to Good2Give: my.good2give.ngo.
- Add YWCA Australia to your charity list
- Share the YWCA materials (see below) to your employees
For any further queries please contact our Events and Fundraising Manager, Rebecca, at [email protected]
You can also express your interest in Workplace Giving by filling out the following form: