Workplace giving enables employees to donate to YWCA Australia regularly through their employer’s payroll system pre-tax. The employer will then pay the donation directly to YWCA Australia. Some organisations choose to match the amount given by the employee to double the impact!
Why workplace giving?
Workplace giving is a simple way for you to support YWCA Australia!
- You have control of your giving – opt in and out as it suits you.
- It’s managed for you through payroll, which means you don’t have to worry about cash, credit cards or direct debits.
- All donations are made pre-tax which means you receive the tax benefit immediately.
- You join a group of workplace givers who are making a big difference in the lives of young women, women and gender diverse people across Australia!
Imagine the impact that an organisation with 100 employees donating $25 from their fortnightly pay could make. This would be an annual donation of $60,000 from that workplace, and if this figure was matched by their employer, the donation amount would double to $120,000!
Workplace giving is a simple way for businesses to support YWCA Australia, and it’s easier than you might think to get started.
By including YWCA Australia in your workplace giving options, it helps your staff feel empowered by supporting causes close to their heart. By agreeing to double the donation, it shows them that you care about the causes close to them too.
YWCA Australia can assist you by:
- discussing workplace giving with your Human Resources Manager or Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- providing digital assets and printed collateral to share with staff
- giving a presentation to staff to explain what we do, and how workplace giving works
- providing updates to employees on our current work and how their donations are being used
What you will be supporting
YWCA Australia is an evolving intersectional feminist organisation focused on working towards a future where gender equality is a reality. This ambitious vision is predicted to take 100 years to achieve at the current rate of change and we will contribute to making it happen.
In order to achieve our vision, we are making young women’s leadership and women’s housing our priority for gender equity in Australia. This revised strategy, announced in 2021, is in line with World YWCA’s goals.
For over 140 years, we have challenged the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, and gender diverse people achieving their full potential.
Housing is a feminist issue. Young women and women need homes to be safe, happy, healthy and secure. This is the social change we will galvanise around and the focus of the young women’s thought leadership we will foster.
We serve young women and women, including gender diverse people, as the primary beneficiaries of the Y’s work. Girls may be secondary beneficiaries of our work.
Employers – are you ready to begin?
- If you’re an existing member of good2give, login
- If you’re a new member, contact good2give to discuss joining the platform
- Add YWCA Australia to your charity list
- Share the YWCA materials (see below) to your employees
For any further queries please contact our Events and Fundraising Manager, Rebecca, at email@example.com
You can also express your interest in Workplace Giving by filling out the following form: