The Board has established a range of specialised sub-committees which support YWCA Australia and each subsidiary. These are: Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and Nominations Committee.
The Committee assists the Board of YWCA Australia (and its subsidiary board/s) to discharge their duties in relation to:
- monitoring the financial performance;
- oversight and monitoring of the financial management system including financial audit (internal and external); and
- monitoring financial and strategic risks for the group.
The purpose of this Committee does not extend to operational financial management of the Company (and its subsidiaries).
- David Smith (External Chair)
- Lina Tchung (YWCA Australia Director)
- Rebecca Thomas (YWCA Australia Director)
- Kirsty Rourke (YWCA Australia Director)
- Molly George (YWCA Australia Director)
- Georgina Morphett (YWCA Australia Director)
The Committee is charged with providing the Board with advice and guidance on relevant issues as outlined in the Constitution and summarised below.
- Recommending nominees to fill vacancies in the Board in accordance with the Board selection principles as approved by the Members at an annual general meeting from time to time;
- Recommending the process by which the Board shall select the number and identity of delegates to attend the World YWCA’s general meeting; and
- Considering other issues delegated to it by the Board from time to time.
- Freya Mulvey (Young Woman / YWCA Australia Director)
- Khayshie Tilak Ramesh (YWCA Australia Director)
- Julia Burns (Member elected)
- Melissa du Heaume (Young Woman/ Member elected).