YWCA Australia is committed to investing in Young Women’s development and providing them with pathways to leadership positions through training, mentoring and real-world experience.
The Board Traineeship program offers young women the opportunity to join the board of YWCA Australia as an observer for a 12-month period, commencing on 1st July and concluding on 30th June.
Trainees participate in discussions and governance activities, without the duties and responsibilities that apply to director positions. Participants have the opportunity to develop practical and strategic governance skills in a professional, supportive and feminist environment.
YWCA actively encourages young women with diverse lived experiences to apply. This may take the form of educational, work or personal experiences that may be relevant and useful to the role.
As a part of the program, our Board Trainees:
- Undertake a comprehensive induction process, between May – June and be paired with a ‘buddy’ on the YWCA Australia board to provide additional support and guidance.
- Prepare for and attend all YWCA Australia board and committee meetings.
- Receive a full scholarship to complete the AICD Foundations of Directorship course.
- Receive 2 years’ membership of Women on Boards and, once the traineeship is complete, attend Women on Board’s Getting Started: Realising your Board Potential course.
- Undertake additional professional development opportunities alongside the Board.
- Represent YWCA Australia at events and meetings, sharing your traineeship experience with other young women and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Company Secretary for the duration of the Traineeship, undertaking additional training and tasks where required.
For more information about the Board Traineeship program, contact YWCA Company Secretary, Kate O’Donohue at email@example.com.