YWCA Australia seeks to positively impact the lives of more than
2 million women, young women and girls throughout Australia by the end of 2023.
This goal is supported by our five-year Strategic Plan, which embeds research and evidence informed practice, advocacy and communications across the strategic pillars of Safety, Housing, Leadership and Sustainability.
We wish to grow a culture of evaluative thinking across our organisational activities to measure our impact, growth and development.
Our vision for research and evaluation
Research and evaluation is integral to the way we plan, deliver and advocate for women, young women and girls.
It informs our understanding of key priorities and needs, effective program responses and impacts over time and it enables our own learning, professional development, practice and growth as an organisation. We are committed to research and evaluation that is underpinned by our values of feminism, inclusion, excellence, innovation and integrity.
- Feminism: Our research and evaluation seeks to benefit and empower women, and transform power structures for gender equity.
- Inclusion: Our research and evaluation is respectful, inclusive and strengthened by diverse perspectives.
- Excellence: We are committed to the pursuit of meaningful and robust research, outcomes measurement and evidence-informed practice.
- Innovation: Our research and evaluation challenges us to reflect and learn. We build on our strengths and engage with new and different ideas, to learn, adapt and grow.
- Integrity: Our research and evaluation recognises the contributions of all, we are upfront about potential benefits and impacts, and we consistently and reliably deliver on commitments.
Why is research and evaluation important to us?
The Young Women’s Council and regional staff have identified the most important aspects of research and evaluation for YWCA Australia.
Putting it all together
Research and evaluation are core activities that support our strategic pillars, impact and influence.
We invest in and conduct research and evaluation that informs our work, delivers benefits for clients, staff and stakeholders, and contributes to advocacy for gender equality and social change.
Have any questions?
Want to learn more about our research, or get involved? Contact us!