List of Life Members
YWCA Life Membership Award
Nominations are open all year around. For 2022 nominations will close mid-August. Find the nomination form here.
YWCA Australia’s Life Membership Award is an acknowledgement and recognition of a Member’s outstanding and distinctive contribution to our work in advancing gender equality. Life Membership recognises those Members whose contribution to YWCA has had significant impact on the organisation, the community and the gender equality movement.
Meaning and Significance
- The Award is for life.
- Status recognises a select group of YWCA Members (limited numbers awarded per year).
- A YWCA Life Member pin is awarded and a formal letter of congratulations from the President.
Demonstrated Selection Criteria
Life Member nominees must be proposed by a YWCA Australia Ordinary Member. In assessing candidates, the Life Member Selection Group will be considering the below selection criteria.
- Sustained commitment and demonstrated service to YWCA above and beyond the normal commitment expected of a member, volunteer, employee or contractor.
- Ongoing and consistent support of young women’s leadership.
- Ongoing and consistent demonstration and support of the mission and values of YWCA.
- Sustained commitment and service to gender equality including leadership and active contribution.
- Membership of YWCA – with a recommendation of at least five years.
Nomination of candidates for Life Member
YWCA Australia Members are encouraged to nominate potential Life Members based on the selection criteria.
Nominations will be submitted to the Company Secretary and considered by a Life Member Selection Group (Selection Group) comprising two members of the Nominations Committee, two volunteer Life Members and representation from the Young Women’s Council. The Selection Group will recommend Life Members to the Board for approval.
The President of YWCA will award a maximum of two Life Memberships at the Annual General Meeting each year.
YWCA reserves the right to revoke the granting of Life Membership in extreme circumstances should the actions and behaviours of the relevant individual be deemed to be detrimental to YWCA and/or inconsistent with its mission and/or its values.
In the event of a proposed revocation of life membership, the Board will undertake an independent investigation and any decision must be unanimous.
If you have any questions about the Life Membership process, please get in touch at email@example.com.
2022 Key Dates
Life Member nominations have closed for 2022. 2023 Nominations will open soon.
21 August 2022: Nominations close for 2022 Life Membership
September 2022: Selection Group provided with all eligible Life Member nominations.
Late September: Meet (by video or telephone conference) to discuss new Life Member nominations and agree on a specified number of candidates to be recommended to the YWCA Australia Board.
October 2022: YWCA Australia Board will consider the Life Membership Selection Group recommendations.
November 2022: New YWCA Australia Life Members will be announced to the membership at the 2022 Annual General Meeting.