Our goal is to positively impact the lives of more than two million women and girls throughout Australia by the end of 2023.
Measuring our goal
An internal working group at YWCA Australia has been established to develop a process to measure our goal of positively impacting the lives of more than two million women, young women and girls throughout Australia by the end of 2023.
YWCA Australia’s work is complex and ranges from intensive face-to-face client work to systematic population level change through policy, advocacy and research initiatives. The group is establishing definitions around what we mean by “positive impact” for women, young women and girls. Our first implementation priority is identifying what we count, who we count and how we ensure the integrity of the data as we work towards our two million goal.
The YWCA Australia Board will review the working groups recommendations by the end of June 2019 and we will then share the goal measurement process with YWCA staff, members, and stakeholders.
Five Year Strategic Plan
Following a consultation process with members, employees, supporters and our board, we have developed our new five-year strategic plan that highlights four key priorities:
- leadership and
These strategic priorities are based on the recognition that gender inequality leads to negative outcomes for women. Our work is focused on challenging the behaviours, structures and power imbalances that impact gender equality. We seek to understand how different types of discrimination – such as ethnicity, age, disability, gender or sexual identity and religious beliefs – intersect with and amplify the effects of gender inequality.
Increase women’s safety and wellbeing through advocacy, programs and service:
- Be an influential national voice for all women through advocacy, grounded in research and evidence
- Expand and scale services for women experiencing, or at risk of, violence
- Research, design and establish programs to improve women’s economic security
Support women with affordable housing choices and homelessness services:
- Double and diversify affordable housing property options
- Research and design a commercially sustainable housing model
- Expand and scale housing and homelessness services nationally with a presence in every state and territory
Create spaces for young women to become leaders and drive positive change:
- Increase number of young women members through a compelling engagement strategy
- Develop leadership pathways for young women through programs and mentoring
- Deliver annual national research into the needs and aspirations of young women in Australia
Create a purpose aligned, robust social business to optimise our impact:
- Establish and deliver commercially sustainable housing models at scale
- Investigate and capitalise on innovative social business opportunities
- Maximise our internal re-investment into our purpose