ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
We are a proudly feminist not-for-profit organisation and for over 140 years we have been working at the forefront of gender equality through our housing, community programs and advocacy. Our five-year plan has a focus on making young women’s leadership and women’s housing our priority for gender equity in Australia. This will ensure we continue to deliver measurable and meaningful impact towards a future where gender equality is a reality.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a dedicated Case Worker to join our Domestic and Family Violence Team in our Bowral location. This is a part time (4 days per week) role on a maximum term contract ending on 30 June 2025.
The role is responsible for the provision of crisis support and case management to victims of domestic and family violence by:
- Providing support to victims of domestic and family violence at times of crisis.
- Undertaking documented safety planning with clients to address their immediate safety needs.
- Providing assessment, case planning and coordination of services to meet the needs of the client.
- Undertaking client-focused casework to implement case plans including information and advice, referral, advocacy and counselling.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications (or nearing completion) in social work, psychology or community welfare.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues related to domestic violence, the criminal justice response to domestic violence, legislation in relation to apprehended domestic violence orders (ADVOs) and an understanding of the family law system and child protection system.
- Demonstrated experience in case management, trauma informed practice and strengths-based approaches to achieve client outcomes.
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily meet our pre-employment requirements. This includes:
- Completion of a national criminal history check
- A valid relevant state-based working with children permit.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination, which includes Government recommended boosters.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At YWCA Australia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If this role speaks to you but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 4 March 2024