International Women’s Day (March 8) is fast approaching, and we want YOU to help us design an awesome new shirt to celebrate.
The winning design will be marketed through our store, with all profits reinvested back into our mission for gender equality.
Design the shirt however you like – you can use something digital like the Adobe Creative Suite, Procreate or Canva, or if you’d prefer to hand-draw your design, go for it (just make sure it fits the design specifications below).
Time to get your creative juices flowing and start designing!
The brief is simple, anything that expresses your intersectional feminist values or celebrates women and people of marginalised genders.
- Reflect YWCA Australia’s values, including that of intersectional feminism and inclusivity (here’s our values if you need a refresher)
- Be suitable to be printed on coloured/dark background
- Does not contain offensive images, words or copyrighted materials
- Be the original artwork of the entrant
- Please save images at 300dpi at the intended print size.
- Must be in CMYK colour (if digital).
- Please scan all illustrations, paintings and other non-digital submissions so they can be viewed in digital format.
- We will accept the following file types: PDF, TIFF, EPS, AI, PSD, JPG or PNG. Other file formats will not be accepted.
Competition closes at 11:59pm (AEST) Wednesday 27th of January 2021. The winner will be selected by YWCA’s Young Women’s Council.
The winner will receive $500 (AUD) and a t-shirt with their winning design printed on it.
The winner will also be acknowledged in all promotional materials, on the shop, on socials and wherever we promote the design.
This competition is now closed.
Terms and Conditions: International Women’s Day T Shirt Design Competition
- The “YWCA Australia International Women’s Day T Shirt Design Competition”, administered by YWCA Australia, is open to anyone who lives in Australia. The Competition is not open to paid employees or board directors of YWCA Australia.
- The Competition is free to enter, and entry into, and participation in, the promotion itself will not incur any costs whatsoever upon any participant at any time.
- The Competition will run from 8:00 am (AEST) on Friday 15 January 2021 until 11:59pm (AEST) Wednesday 27 January 2021 (“The Competition Period”). Entries submitted after the competition period will not be valid.
- Entries must be submitted via the YWCA Australia International Women’s Day T Shirt Design Competition page and form. Entries in any other format will not be valid.
- Participants may submit a maximum of three entries. Any entries submitted after the third will not be valid.
- Valid entries will be included in a prize draw where a winner will be selected by YWCA Australia’s Young Women’s Council.
- If a Young Women’s Council Member submits an entry, they are excluded from voting on the winner.
- All entries will be viewed with no identifying information of the artist.
- The winning entries will be announced on Friday 29 January 2021. The winner will be personally notified via an email, and publicly announced via our Facebook page.
- YWCA Australia will liaise with the winner to coordinate delivery of the prize, which will be dispatched via bank transfer or cheque by post, unless otherwise stated or organised. YWCA Australia will not be liable for any prizes that are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The approximate value of the prize is $540 (five hundred and forty) AUD cash.
- By entering this competition all entrants:
- Assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) to their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
- Agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against YWCA Australia, its assigns, licensees and successors in title;
- However, all licensing rights to the designs that are not selected as winning submissions shall be transferred back from YWCA Australia to participants upon announcement of the winner.
- Shall not use the artwork for their own purposes including but not limited to submitting the artworks to the other design competitions.
- Undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third-party intellectual property rights. All artwork must be newly developed by the entrants exclusively for YWCA Australia International Women’s Day T Shirt Design Competition and must have not ever been published previously.
- Confirm that they have they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
- YWCA may vary the terms of, or terminate, this competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant, contributor or other person. YWCA Australia will not award the prize is this competition is terminated.
- The Competition, and any contest or promotion featured on this page, in its entirety, is a product of YWCA Australia.
- By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify YWCA Australia from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) the entrant’s participation in the Competition, or (ii) the entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
- By entering into any contest or promotion on this page, entrants undertake to abide by the terms and conditions.
- By entering into the Competition, entrants acknowledge that any information submitted on the competition question is collected and stored by YWCA Australia and may be used deidentified in the future for marketing or advertising purposes.
- These terms shall be constructed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Australia.