Shop your values this festive season and support fellow feminists and women-owned companies! (Psst, scroll down for your chance to win one of three gift hampers worth $100 each!)
Flora and Fauna ($$)
Founded by owner Julie, Flora and Fauna sources a huge range of ethical, eco, organic and vegan skincare, makeup, home, fashion, and lifestyle products. No products are tested on animals, so you can be sure your Christmas is kind to animals and the earth!
Oh Deer Sugar ($)
The Non-Edible Bakery that focuses on handcrafting Food For The Skinbath and body products that are all VEGAN. Oh Deer Sugar is handcrafted by two women, Sharni and Nikki.
Moist Planties ($$)
Founded by Ashlee, who wanted to use her passion for finding rare, exotic and household favourite plants, whilst connecting with other beautiful plant people. Moist Planties‘ nudey pots are created to encourage us to appreciate the beauty of diverse bodies and to break the stigma and taboo of women’s genitals.
Haus of Dizzy ($$)
Kristy Dickinson is a proud Wiradjuri Woman and the Designer and Creator of Haus of Dizzy. Haus of Dizzy sells bright, bold statement pieces which Kristy calls her conversation starters. Kristy created an incredible set of ‘The Future Is Intersectional‘ earrings whose profits go to supporting women through YWCA Australia!
Yas Earrings ($$)
YAS Earrings is a small female run business located on Kaurna Land. YAS is run by Nicole, a local artist who finds inspiration in 70s aesthetic and natural earth tones. She designs and assembles these earrings by hand using polymer clay. YAS is inspired by communities that are empowering women, queer and non-gender conforming folk.
Kablooie Store ($$$)
Kablooie was dreamt up by mum of three, Keneena Fanning. Keneena’s bright, bold clothing is size inclusive, ranging from size 4-24 and she also makes clothes for those that are breastfeeding too – perfect for every woman in your life!
Dangerous Females ($$)
Dangerous Females is a collective of women fed up with the incidents of men’s violence against women in Australia. The collective aims to raise awareness, and much needed funding for organisations dedicated to supporting victims of violence or abuse. We love their Merry Feministmas tee!
Body Image Movement ($$)
Founded by Taryn Brumfitt in 2012, the Body Image Movement is on a mission to end the global body-hating epidemic by inspiring people to embrace their bodies through documentaries, books, online programs, speaking and educational resources. The Movement is currently selling Warrior Woman scarves, with proceeds going to a new Body Image documentary!
YWCA Australia (Free!)
Give the gift of gender equality, sign your grandmother, mother or even bubs up as a YWCA member!
Lauren, the founder of Moolk, creates ‘breast-accessible’ clothing made specifically for breast feeding mamas, who need their clothes to be stylish and accessible!
One Chew Three ($)
Run by mum of two, Elisa, One Chew Three makes handmade silicone necklaces and chewable teething accessories with both mum and bub in mind – modern and stylish for mum, functional for bub!
Shout Out To The Girls ($)
Shout-outs to 50 awesome Australian women with easy-to-read biographies of their incredible achievements. Brought to life by colourful illustrations from female artists, Shout Out to the Girls is the ultimate inspirational read for young and old.
Talkin’ up to the White Woman, Indigenous Women and Feminism ($)
Dr Aileen Moreton-Robinson “talks up” in this provocative interrogation of feminism in representation and practice. As a Geonpul woman and an academic, she provides a unique cultural standpoint and a compelling analysis of the whiteness of Australian feminism and its effect on Indigenous women.
Black is the New White ($)
Nakkiah Lui’s smash-hit play, in print for the first time! Winner of the Nick Enright Prize for Playwriting.
“Charlotte Gibson is a lawyer with a brilliant career ahead of her. As her father Ray says, she could be the next female Indigenous Waleed Aly. But she has other ideas. First of all, it’s Christmas. Second of all, she’s in love.”
YWCA’s Profit for Purpose business, Song Hotels has a feminist themed hotel room dedicated to Nakkiah! Next time you’re in Sydney, book to stay in her room.
How Powerful We Are ($)
Sally Rugg takes you behind the scenes of one of Australia’s biggest campaigns to show how we can use our voice to champion what we believe in. Even if you’re not an activist (yet), at a time when the news is written for clicks and elections are fought with three-word slogans, it’s crucial to preserve some record of events that isn’t ‘fake news’ or political spin.
YWCA’s Profit for Purpose business, Song Hotels has a feminist themed hotel room dedicated to Sally! Next time you’re in Sydney, book to stay in her room.
Too Much Lip ($)
This book by Melissa Lucashenko won the 2019 Miles Franklin Award! – Wise-cracking Kerry Salter has spent a lifetime avoiding two things – her hometown and prison. But now her Pop is dying and she’s an inch away from the lockup, so she heads south on a stolen Harley.
The Testaments ($)
In this electrifying sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood answers the question that has tantalised readers for decades: What happened to Offred?
Martina Martian ($)
Martina is a global artist sought out for her bold use of colour, illustrated personal quotes and viral GIFs on Instagram.
Designer Helen Bayley launched Lovestar in 2013. The brand was born out of her love for flowers, nature, fashion and the arts. With a desire to re-introduce the old fashioned ceramic wall vase to new generations, Helen set about designing beautiful, playful, functional pieces using modern materials.
Anna Chandler Design ($$)
Anna Chandler Design is an Australian homewares company which produces colourful ceramics, textiles, handbags and accessories. Anna’s designs are saturated with bright colours and patterns, perfect for the bohemian in your life!
Gabby Love ($$$)
Gabby Love is an artist who unashamedly wants to make her surroundings beautiful, collecting and recreating images inspired by forms in nature and 1980s motifs.
Women of Australia Distilling ($$)
Support those that create your festive spirit (geddit?…spirits!). Gin, vodka and more, make sure you pick a woman distiller to support this festive season!
Kosmea Australia ($$)
Kosmea has a great range of mens skincare products that will keep the man in your life looking fresh for their next feminist rally!
It isn’t often you find big corporates who take their social responsibility seriously, but Patagonia provides real support to women in the workplace. With generous leave policies, and an onsite childcare program for workers with children, Patagonia has a 95% retention rate of mothers in its workplaces – that sounds like a company we want to support with our dollar!
Let Her Fly: A Father’s Journey and The Fight For Equality ($)
Let Her Fly covers Ziauddin Yousafzai’s journey from a stammering boy growing up in a tiny village high in the mountains of Pakistan, through to being an activist for equality and the father of the youngest ever recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, and now one of the most influential and inspiring young women on the planet – Malala Yousafzai!
The Descent of Man ($)
Tracing the contours of the dominant male role today, its history and its clearly defined rules, The Descent of Man explores everything from sex, seriousness and intimidation to clothing, childhood and power, suggesting a more modern model of manhood which may reach escape velocity from the gravity of Traditional Man.
Don’t forget the most important gift of all…
You can give the gift of gender equality by donating to YWCA. Our programs, services and advocacy work to keep women in safe housing, support their leadership journey, improve their safety and wellbeing and enhance economic security.
Your chance to win!
Want to win one of three hampers of feminist goodies ($100 value each) from this list? Just fill in the form below and share your Top Three Tips for a Feminist Festive Season!
Competition closes and winners will be contacted on Monday 16 December 2019.
Entries have now closed!
Terms and Conditions: YWCA Australia Feministmas Hamper Competition
1) The “Feministmas Hamper Competition”, administered by YWCA Australia, is open to anyone who lives in Australia. The Competition is not open to paid employees of YWCA Australia.
2) The Competition is free to enter, and entry into, and participation in, the promotion itself will not incur any costs whatsoever upon any participant at any time.
3) The Competition will run from 8:00 am (AEST) on Friday 6 December 2019 until 12:00pm (AEST) Monday 16 December 2019 (“The Competition Period”). Entries submitted after the competition period will not be valid.
4) Entries must be submitted via the YWCA Australia Feministmas Hamper Entry Form. Entries in any other format will not be valid.
5) Entries must address the question – Share Your Top Three Tips for a Feminist Festive Season.
6) Participants may only submit one entry.
7) Valid entries will be judged by YWCA Australia’s judging panel comprising of three YWCA Australia staff members, on Monday 16 December 2019.
8) The winning entries will be announced on Monday 16 December 2019. The winner will be personally notified via an email.
9) YWCA Australia will liaise with the winner to coordinate delivery of the prize via mail.
10) The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
11) The approximate value of each prize is $100 (one hundred) AUD.
12) The Competition, and any contest or promotion featured on this page, in its entirety, is a product of YWCA Australia
13) By entering and participating, the entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify YWCA Australia from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) the entrant’s participation in the Competition, or (ii) the entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
14) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Survey Gizmo.
15) By entering yourself into any contest or promotion on this page you undertake to abide by the terms and conditions.
16) By entering into the Competition, you acknowledge that any information submitted on the competition question is collected and stored by YWCA Australia and may be used in future for marketing or advertising purposes.