Supporting people to resolve their homelessness
The Inner City Rapid Response Homelessness Service provides crucial support to young people, women, men, and families experiencing homelessness in the City of Sydney.
With a focus on holistic case management and outreach, the service aims to help individuals and families exit homelessness and find safe, affordable, and sustainable accommodation. This service is inclusive and operates with a trauma-informed, harm reduction framework, ensuring that everyone who seeks support receives a compassionate and caring response.
This service is delivered by YWCA Australia in partnership with Haymarket Foundation and funded by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice.
What support can we provide?
- Case management
- Support connecting with housing and other services
- Access to transitional accommodation
- Assistance with housing applications
- Assistance exploring accommodation options, including crisis, private rental and boarding houses
- Brokerage support to assist with tenancy establishment and transport to safe accommodation
- Referrals to health, legal, NDIS access and other support services
Who can we help?
Women, men, transgender people, and gender diverse people – including young people and families – who are:
- Experiencing homelessness
- Looking for case management support to resolve your housing needs
- Have a connection to the Inner City of Sydney
“Their support enabled me to get back on my feet again and to restart my life. The empowerment of being able to have a nest of your own has allowed me to take away much of the fear I had been dealing with in my life.”– Rapid Response client
How to refer myself or someone else
Our team are available from 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, to answer your questions or organise an intake assessment.
You can reach our team by calling (02) 9285 6267 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.