Note – The closing date has been extended to Friday 7 February 2019!
We are looking for an outstanding woman to lead us in making a positive impact on the lives of women, young women and girls in Australia. Could you be the next President of the YWCA Australia Board?
Since the early beginnings in the 1800s, each YWCA across Australia has been committed to supporting women in times of hardship. Our national journey over the last 140 years demonstrates the courage of its founders and the important steps we have taken and continues to take, improving the lives of women.
We undertake advocacy and delivers programs and services that develops the leadership and collective power of women and girls; supports individuals, their families and communities at critical times; and promotes gender equality and community strengthening.
This is rare opportunity for an outstanding woman to lead the next phase of our evolution. With a strong executive team and a talented skills-based board, the President leads the public face of the YWCA and ensures that the board accomplishes its role in accordance with the organisation’s governance frameworks.
What are we seeking?
- A collaborative leader with a clear alignment to the values and mission of YWCA
- Strong governance knowledge, ideally with previous experience as a Chair or Deputy Chair
- Commercial astuteness, business acumen and sound financial management skills
- A strategic and visionary approach; drives and embeds a positive and proactive culture
- Ability to provide support and mentorship to young women, listening and respecting their contribution
- Act as a sounding board on strategic and sensitive issues for the Chief Executive Officer
- Able to identify future opportunities for growth and development.
For more information
For further information, please contact Julia Soutter, Partner at Fish & Nankivell firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 30 January 2019. The closing date has been extended to Friday 7 February 2019!